The Risk Analyst partners with the VP Compliance & Risk to ensure the Bank remains compliant with laws, regulations, and best practices related to banking and risk management. This position will oversee vendor management, assist with risk management, and serve as a backup to the BSA Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and administers the Bank’s vendor management program.
- Assists with gathering data and monitoring the Bank’s vendor partners.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and compiles due diligence reviews on third parties under agreed-upon time limits.
- Evaluates information to develop a written analysis that supports risk ratings of third parties.
- Contributes and participates in applicable management meetings relative to third-party risks.
- Works with vendors and Bank staff to ensure vendors are meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and providing services at a level of excellence that meets the Bank’s expectations.
Compliance, Internal Audit, and Risk Management
- Performs operational risk assessments and completes strategic and reputational risk reviews.
- Partners with VP Compliance & Risk to create, implement, maintain, review, and oversee an effective risk management system.
- Reviews, in detail, risk assessments to identify gaps in risk identification and suggests solutions to minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems, or human errors.
- Participates in projects and activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, laws, and regulatory trends.
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Support
- Partners with the Bank’s BSA Officer to identify and create solutions to address gaps in controls, mitigate risks, and enhance training.
- Monitors internal controls and ensures the Bank’s BSA, AML, and OFAC Policies comply with related laws and regulations.
- Prepares and files accurate and timely CTRs or SARs at the BSA Officer’s direction.
- Supports the BSA Officer and performs other BSA duties as assigned.
- Assists the Senior Management Team and other departments throughout the Bank with special projects and functions
- Performs all job functions and interactions with fellow Bank team members, clients, vendors, and prospective clients within the guidelines of the DRAKE BANK Core Values: Dedicated, Reliable, Authentic, Knowledgeable, and Ethical
- Performs other duties as assigned
Regulatory Compliance Requirements:
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues through completion of all required online training and attendance at in-house and external training presentations
- Performs all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, related field, or related experience.
- Five (5) or more years of direct industry experience, knowledge, and training in Third-Party Risk.
- Three (3) or more years of Banking experience
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends.
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for compliance and appreciation for the rules.
- Flexible to change in a growing organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including speaking, listening, and presenting, via phone and computer.
- Ability to listen and speak clearly and effectively to others and negotiate acceptable resolutions.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and foster strong professional relationships with employees and external sources such as auditors and examiners.
- Experience using various computer programs and systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, FCRM, and Fiserv Premier applications.
Drake Bank provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Drake Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to HR@drake-bank.com.