The Loan Operations Specialist provides operational support within the credit department, including loan accounting and processing functions through FiServ. This position files and records maintenance through an electronic archiving system and prepares standard loan documentation through LaserPro. The Loan Operations Specialist provides a high-level of customer service regarding inquiries and transactions on existing loans to promote a favorable image of the Bank. The Loan Operations Specialist possesses excellent problem solving and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
This position will have a commercial loan processing focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Books and Boards New, Renewed, and Extended Loans
- Creates loan documents through LaserPro
- Inputs loans into Fiserv, the Bank’s core system
- Electronically archives loan documentation into Fiserv Director
- Performs account maintenance within Fiserv
- Documents and archives denied loans
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness: loan disclosures/agreements, mortgages, title policies, lien filings, insurance, flood certifications, credit reports, etc.
- Performs UCC searches and continuations through Capitol Lien Records
- Processes paid notes and collateral releases
- Processes payments, advances, and adjustments on loans
- Processes payments for loan participations
- Prepares escrow payments for property taxes, insurance, and association dues
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
Loan Reporting and Compliance
- Create, manage, and update ticklers within Fiserv: recorded mortgages, final title policies, lien cards, insurance
- Reviews and researches credit disputes via E-Oscar
- Places collateral and notes in the Bank’s vault under dual control
- Performs collateral audits
- Prepares and reviews daily and monthly reports
- Assists management and compliance officer with audits
- Responds to client inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Assists departments throughout the Bank with special projects and functions
- Performs all job functions and interactions with fellow bank employees, clients, vendors, and prospective clients within the guidelines of the Drake Bank Core Values: Dedicated, Reliable, Authentic, Knowledgeable, and Ethical
- Performs other duties as assigned
Regulatory Compliance Requirements:
- Able to demonstrate an up-to-date and accurate understanding of loan-related compliance (RESPA, REG Z, TRID, HOEPA, HPML, FLOOD, FACTA, REG B, HMDA, Fair Credit Act, etc.), along with BSA/AML/OFAC, Bank Security, and others.
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues through completion of all required online training, attendance at in-house and external training presentations.
- Performs all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Loan Processing: 1 year (Required)
Drake Bank provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Drake Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com.