Title: Credit Analyst
Functional Area: Credit
SUMMARY: Provides credit analysis assistance to lenders. Monitors incoming financial statements. Performs collateral audits, accounts receivable analysis and borrowing base certificate reviews. Develops and maintains knowledge of loan related regulatory and internal procedural compliance issues. Performs all job responsibilities according to compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify or add to the duties of this description at any time without prior consent.
Assist the lenders with analyzing financial risk associated with new and existing credit relationships:
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved with extending credit to commercial clients and
- Generate financial ratios summaries, using the bank’s existing software systems, to compare the ratios to industry averages for analysis
- Prepares Credit Presentations that document new or proposed lending transactions for later review by the appropriate approval authority
- Prepares Annual Review Presentations for later review by the appropriate approval authority
- Monitor existing loan files for continued compliance with loan covenants and regulations, and to correct identified documentation When performing this duty, will work closely with and assist other staff members of the loan operations department of the bank.
- Assist with projects requested by or related to external or internal examinations and
- Performs other duties as the need is apparent or as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit analysis or related banking area.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in clearly writing credit analysis summaries within a Loan Presentation format. Communication skills that allow the Credit Analyst to work closely with all loan officers in an effective and efficient manner are also required.
Mathematical Skills: Must be able to accurately calculate and analyze figures and amounts included in financial statements (such as cash-flow calculations, leverage ratios, collateral coverage ratios, etc.) and then provide a clear summary of those calculations.
Reasoning Ability: The position requires the ability to analyze financial performance of borrowers and then provide a clear and concise summary of findings/results thereof.
Computer Skills: Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Other Skills/Abilities/Specifications: The individual must be self-motivated and willing to work with little direction at times but must also be willing to work closely with others (loan officers and loan operations department staff) as required. The individual must also be able to work on several tasks at once and/or switch quickly from one task to another and must be able to work under pressure and with established deadlines. The individual must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with a strong attention to detail. The position requires flexibility with regard to scheduling of lunches, breaks, etc.
About Your Organization:
Drake Bank is a purpose-driven independent bank in St. Paul. We were founded in 2002 by a group of successful local entrepreneurs committed to helping others succeed for the shared prosperity of their community. Our 70+ founders invested their own money to fund the first business loans, and many are still shareholders today.
We believe that financial independence begins with financial literacy. We believe that when small businesses thrive, the entire community thrives.
Drake Bank provides competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Come join our team!
Drake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com
60 East Plato Boulevard, Suite 100
St. Paul, MN 55107