This position provides efficient credit analysis, underwriting control standards, and ongoing credit investigations and file maintenance for new and existing loan clients. This position is available due to the growth of the Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists lenders with analyzing financial risk associated with new and existing credit relationships:
- Analyzes credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved with extending credit to commercial clients and individuals.
- Generates financial ratios summaries using the Bank’s existing software systems to compare the ratios to industry averages for analysis purposes.
- Prepares credit presentations that document new or proposed lending transactions for later review by the appropriate approval authority level.
- Prepares annual review presentations for later review by the appropriate approval authority level.
- Monitors existing loan files for continued compliance with loan covenants and regulations and to correct identified documentation deficiencies. When performing this duty, works closely with and assists other staff members of the loan operations department of the Bank.
- Assists with projects requested by or related to external or internal examinations and audits.
- Assists with special projects and additional functions as needed
- Performs all job functions and interactions with fellow Bank employees, clients, vendors, and prospective clients within the guidelines of the DRAKE Bank Core Values: Dedicated, Reliable, Authentic, Knowledgeable, and Ethical
- Performs other duties as assigned
Regulatory Compliance Requirements:
- Able to demonstrate an up-to-date and accurate understanding of loan-related compliance (RESPA, REG Z, TRID, HOEPA, HPML, FLOOD, FACTA, REG B, HMDA, Fair Credit Act, etc.) along with BSA/AML/OFAC, Bank Security, and others.
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues by completing all required online training, attendance at in-house training presentations, and possibly external training at times.
- Performs all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and bank policies (in existence and as amended) and as directed by the Bank’s VP of Compliance.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or similar experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in credit analysis or related banking area
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Proficient in clearly writing credit analysis summaries within a Loan Presentation format
- Excellent verbal and phone skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly, and effectively to others
- Ability to accurately calculate and analyze figures and amounts included in financial statements (such as cash-flow calculations, leverage ratios, collateral coverage ratios, etc.) and then provide a clear summary of those calculations
- Ability to analyze borrowers’ financial performance and provide a clear and concise summary of findings/results thereof
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to problem solve and work without direction
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and foster strong professional relationships with both internal and external clients
- Accurate typing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client and Bank information
- Ability to promote a positive image of the Bank
Drake Bank provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Drake Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to HR@drake-bank.com.